Recently, YouTube has become infamous for recommending videos. These videos often are not close to your taste at all, but YouTube’s tech support likes to believe that their algorithm is super smart and knows you more than you know yourself.
Thankfully, we know that is not the case, and we guess they also know that they are aware of their error. But it’s not stopping them from bombarding us with those videos that can sometimes be annoying.
YouTube is a world of its own, with its rules and its process. But they are a media platform that has grown beyond understanding. Over the years, they have evolved in all ramifications, compared to the past version, you can say that the modern YouTube app is better.
Well, this is true for overall usability, but in all honesty, a user-friendly user face goes to the older model. This is because activities were limited, and only a handful of things could be done. It is also because we could make decisions and change settings quickly since everything was generally smooth.
Although recommended videos have proven to be not worth it, there are times that they have proven their worth, but not as much as they have annoyed us. Therefore, if you want to get rid of them for your peace of mind, there are ways granted by YouTube.
Way to stop viewing recommended videos on YouTube
Have you become dissatisfied with YouTube video recommendations because they are not what you want? Make use of the tips below to get rid of these videos permanently. Part of this is based on your many YouTube views, even if you bought them. Yes, many prominent YouTubers buy YouTube views on their videos for better view counts.
Delete search history
This tip will not get rid of the recommended videos. However, it will return the YouTube search to its default settings. Once you have taken this step, the system will restart from the basics to recommend the right videos based on your previous search.
To carry out this step, click on your username. From the menu, choose your data on YouTube. Afterward, click or tap to manage your YouTube search history. All-time, then delete. That is the end. You have done it, and you are free as a bird.
Delete watch history of YouTube
The second step you can take to get rid of recommendations is to delete your watch history on YouTube. This is a simple step, and you can follow the following guidelines to see how it is done.
To carry out this tip,
- Open YouTube on your browser or app.
- Tap your username.
- Go to your data on YouTube.
- Manage your watch history.
- Over on the left side, tap on delete activity.
- Select all time from the drop menu.
- Then delete. You have done it.
Deleting the YouTube watch history is essential because it doesn’t have a range cap contained in it. That means that every data you have is stored in the YouTube servers if you have never deleted your watch no matter how long your YouTube account has been active.
Make use of Chrome Extension to remove recommended videos
We know you are frustrated with these random videos, and you want them out. We know the feeling because we have been there. Therefore, follow this simple step, and you will be ok.
- The first you need to do is download Google chrome. You don’t need this step if you are an Android user.
- You can download an app that has similar features with chrome as well if chrome is not compatible with your device.
- An example can be New Edge.
- After downloading and installing, download, and install the extension known as removing the YouTube recommendation section from your homepage.
- Apply, and you will be free of the recommended videos.
Make your YouTube recognize what you don’t like and what you do
This is the last useful tip you need to use to delete recommended videos on every annoying channel inside YouTube. While you are not signed in, it is to train YouTube to get better at recognizing what kind of videos it should be advised to you. However, this section requires a significant amount of time and effort when compared to other tips. Also, this option is more about getting rid of these annoying pre-roll advertisements.
Do you see that annoying video that shouldn’t be shown to you? Hover your mouse on it and click on the 3 dots button on it;
- Click on Not interested
- When the video removed message is displayed, click on tell us why.
- Hit all options except for “I have watched this video” and click continue.
- Repeat the process for all unwanted videos you see on your homepage.
- It will take some time, but YouTube will start to control what you see exactly. You will see the videos you want to see and find appealing.
For Android phone users, these steps will help you get rid of those annoying YouTube recommended videos. There are several alerts that you can make use of to manage YouTube on your mobile device. They include notification, reply to comments, and so on.
To get rid of recommended videos on YouTube on your Android device, open the YouTube app.
- Tap the icon that has a human silhouette on the right side; you will find this human silhouette at the top. Log into your account if you are not logged in already.
- Tap the overflow menu in the top right and head to settings. Afterward, tap notifications.
- Toggle the switch next to the recommended videos. While at that, check the rest of the notification settings.
- There you are. You are now free from getting those random and crazy videos.