YouTube is such a large online video platform where 300 hours of videos are uploaded every single minute. Consequently, there are thousands of videos for people to watch on any desired topic. You can always buy YouTube views as a backup plan if you have the cash. There are too many videos to watch on YouTube as thousands of people join the YouTube industry seeking to be relevant. The effect of this is that only a few of these YouTuber’s videos garner small views.
No content is peculiar to people anymore. No content creator on YouTube has the exclusive right to demand views as people have too many an option to select. Hence, to stand out from other YouTubers and gain views, you need to make sure your videos amass views. The reason for the workability of this strategy is that people gravitate towards YouTube channels that have lots of views (social proof bias).
Thus, the question you should ask yourself as a YouTuber is this: “How do I make my prospective audience find me?” If you find yourself deliberating on this question, you’re one step away from having more subscribers on your channel and garnering lots of views.
One of the ways to make your prospective subscribers find is by ensuring that they watch your videos. Your videos act as part of the conversion funnel for them. Thus, asides content creation, you should spend time promoting your videos- A LOT, like a real lot. There are fantastic ways to promote your YouTube videos for free! You might find it hard to believe, but, there are free ways to promote your YouTube videos. The best part re these methods is that they make you drive fantastic traffic to your channel. Here are some of these ways are treated in this post:
- Optimize your YouTube channel
Websites and blogs are not the only things that require optimization. If you want your YouTube videos to get across your target audience quickly, you should optimize your channel. Do not be scared. YouTube optimization is not as tricky as regular SEO. It is highly simplistic that a non-tech guy can go about it.
In similitude to Google search, YouTube is a search engine that has algorithms that control video rankings.
Optimization of your YouTube channel comes at no cost at all. If you are serious about making your videos’ promotion effective, leverage the potentials of YouTube optimization. This optimization process is the first step that you should take before sending your videos out for promotion.
Some of the ranking factors pertinent to the optimization of your channel are not known. However, tests conducted by search engine experts in the past reveal some of these factors. These factors include:
- Title tags
- Video duration
- Count of subscribers earned after each video view
- Likes and dislikes
- Description tags
- Audience loyalty
The strategies necessary for thorough and effective YouTube channel optimization include:
- Conduct keyword research. Asides showing on YouTube page, YouTube videos are similarly shown on Google search results. The latter is more significant than the latter. Keyword research is either free or paid.
- Nevertheless, there is a high possibility of effectiveness under the free version of keyword research. For instance, use YouTube search suggestions to figure ideal keywords for your videos. Also, use free versions such as Moz keyword tool or keyword tool.
- Create transcripts for your videos. Although the norm is that videos are done naturally, if you want better optimization of your channel; you should have scripts for your videos. These scripts are the ideal transcripts for your videos. Ideally, a transcript implements the natural flow of keywords.
- Provide a video description. If you want your videos highly ranked over the rest, make sure that your video descriptions are longer than the average video description. The practical word-count limit is 250 words. Don’t make the mistake of trying to market your products in your video’s description, instead of including 3-4 primary keywords with LSI keywords, making it as natural as possible.
- Include an interesting title. Titles for your videos should be short (between the range of ten words and not more than 60 characters) and compelling.
Always perform SEO for your videos. SEO is the first factor YouTube considers before even ranking your videos at all.
- Harmonize your blog/website with your YouTube channel
Another way to promote your video at a free amount is by using your resources. Resources imply your website or blog. As a website or blog owner, your YouTube channel should integrate with either of them. One of the motives behind this strategy is that you easily embed videos with your content nowadays. Hence, you can easily use your blog to drive traffic to your website.
Unlike videos, blog contents permit the more in-depth details of the YouTube video topics. The text context of blog content allows Google to allow them better.
If you’re skeptical about this method, try out the simple process of merely uploading your video contents on a segment of the blog. Avoid duplicity of contents (which will negatively influence your SEO). Use social media to drive your subscribers to both your YouTube channel and blog, simultaneously. This process is not only cheap but quick and reliable.
- Brand your YouTube Channel
Branding is a method that has a great influence on influencing your videos’ promotion. Although branding is not visible to the average person, you feel its results. If you want your videos to freely promoted, one of the best things to do is to brand your YouTube channel in the desired light. Some of the best ways to brand your YouTube channel include:
- Film a killer intro video. The best way to brand your channel all lies in the introduction. Create a 3-5 seconds video that makes your viewers familiar with you. Your intro video should be short and showcase your brand in a positive light. When you make an intro video, you connect with people on a deeper level. This connection lets you establish the perception that your brand is an awesome one.
- Have a thumbnail in your videos.
- Create a logo for your channel
These strategies discussed are simple but awesomely effective ways to optimize your channel. They are free of charge. Again, these steps are not hard. They directly involving optimizing your channel, incorporate your blog with your channel, and branding your channel.