In case you haven’t heard, video marketing is the way of the future.
According to the Cisco Visual Networking Index (Cisco VNI), videos will be responsible for about 80% of consumer-initiated internet traffic by 2020. This means more and more consumers are referring to videos in order to help them make a purchasing decision.
With these impressive numbers, it would be a shame for businesses and marketers like yourself to miss out on the promising potential video marketing has to offer.
Below, we gathered some of the most important facts and figures you need to know in order to craft a winning video marketing strategy for 2017. Some of them will no doubt surprise you.
Ready to jump on the video marketing bandwagon? Here’s everything you need to know.
More and more consumers are relying on videos to answer their “how-to” moments. YouTube is one of the biggest video sharing platforms and it has fast become the second-largest search engine on the internet.
Image credit: HubSpot
– YouTube has over 1 billion active users. (YouTube)
– People watch over 500 million videos on the internet daily. (Business Insider)
– More than half of YouTube’s traffic comes from mobile device users. (YouTube)
– 55% of users who watch a video watch it until the very end. (HubSpot)
– Searches for “How-to” videos grew by 70% from 2014 to 2015. (Think with Google)
– Social videos are 1,200% likely to be shared compared to text and audio-based posts by 1200%. (Brightcove)
– 59% of executives would rather watch video than read text, according to Forbes. (Insivia)
– Internet users prefer watching videos on YouTube versus other social networking sites. (Think with Google)
– Users spend 88% more time on websites with videos compared to those that don’t. (Insivia)
– Year after year, people watch 100% more videos on the internet. (TechTimes)
– The average viewing session is 40 minutes. (TechTimes)
– According to a poll, people watch videos mostly “to relax” and “to be entertained.” (Think with Google)
– 50% of consumers say that they get their social videos on YouTube. (Brightcove)
– Internet users in the US tend to watch videos on YouTube during prime-time hours (8:00 PM – 11:00 PM). (Think with Google)
– 66% of consumers rely on YouTube when making a purchasing decision. (Think with Google)
– Online video consumption has nearly tripled in the last year compared to the consumption of traditional TV. (Think with Google)
YouTube has such a wide fanbase around the world. Knowing who those people are can help you target your audience as precisely as possible – allowing you to create content based on topics that are most relevant to them.
Image credit: FlurryMobile
– YouTube reaches more 18-34 year-olds and 18-49 year-olds compared to cable networks in the United States. (YouTube)
– 80% of YouTube’s viewers are not from the United States. (YouTube)
– People spend over 5 hours a day using mobile apps. 3% of that time is dedicated to watching YouTube videos. (Flurry Mobile)
– 4 times as many consumers would rather watch a video about a particular product than read about it. (Animoto Online and Social Video Marketing Study)
– 4 out 5 millennials refer to videos when making a purchasing decision. (Animoto Online and Social Video Marketing Study)
– People who watch YouTube are 2X more likely to pay attention compared to people watching TV. (Think with Google)
– 6 out of 10 users would follow the advice of their favorite content creator regarding a purchase. (Think with Google)
– 70% of millennials would most likely watch a company video when shopping online. (Animoto Online and Social Video Marketing Study)
– Millennials look up to YouTube influencers as trendsetters more than celebrities. (Think with Google)
On the internet, engagement is a highly revered metric. If you want to craft a winning video marketing campaign, you have to get your hands on some important engagement statistics, like the one shown below, for maximum success.
Image credit: Wistia
– 43% of consumers on the internet say they’d like to see more video content from brands and businesses. (HubSpot)
– According to a study done by Twitter, tweets containing videos are 6 times more likely to be retweeted compared to those that don’t, and 3 times more likely to be retweeted compared to GIFs. (Twitter)
– Twitter users also believe that video ads are nearly twice as memorable compared to plain text or photo ads. (Twitter)
– Videos that are two minutes long get the most of engagement. (Wistia)
– Twitter users deem video ads 8% less intrusive than traditional types of ads. (Twitter)
– Video ads that are shared on Facebook receive 135% more organic reach compared to traditional photo ads. (Socialbakers)
Image credit: Adweek
– A landing page with a video has a 53% better chance of being on page 1 of SERPs. (Mist Media)
– Blog posts containing videos get three times more inbound links compared to blog posts without videos. (Moz)
– When used in combination with full-page ads, videos can generate 22% more engagement. (Small Business Trends)
– 51% of marketing professionals believe that videos generate the highest ROI among all their marketing assets. (Insivia)
– Only 9% of small businesses in the United States use YouTube. (eMarketer)
– Viewers who watch a TrueView ad until the end are 23 times more likely to visit or subscribe to a channel, or share the brand’s other videos. (Think with Google)
– 73% of marketers are planning to use videos in their marketing campaign. (Social Media Examiner)
– Companies who recently invested in videos for their marketing campaign saw a growth of 49% in their revenue every year. (Aberdeen Group)
– According to a different study, 76.5% of small businesses saw an improvement in sales after investing in a video marketing campaign. (Animoto Online and Video Marketing Study)
– 83% of marketers and SMB owners said they’d create more video ads if there were fewer roadblocks such as time constraints, limited resources, and budget. (Buffer)
– Including a company’s logo in the video increases purchase intent by 9%. (Twitter)
– Companies that include videos in their marketing campaign see a 27% increase in their CTR and 34% higher web conversion rate. (Aberdeen Group)
How to Craft a Winning 2017 Video Marketing Campaign
Now is high time for businesses and marketers to jump on the video marketing bandwagon. When done right, this can be one of the most worthwhile investments you might make on the internet.
To give your campaign the leverage it needs, consider purchasing YouTube Views from a reputable provider. Bought views can help you garner the attention your video deserves, and fast. High-quality views from a reputable provider will drive traffic to your content, increase searchability, and further strengthen your social proof.
If you do your research and go with a provider who delivers views the right way, you can reap some immense marketing benefits. Learn more about the pros and cons of purchasing high-quality views on our blog.
Video marketing is the way of the future. Armed with all these important stats and some creativity, your marketing videos can take your business to a whole new level!